Friday, December 7, 2007

DEAR MACHOO

**Part two of the same letter**

Shouldn't every day be about family, friends and giving and serving God and believing upon Christ? I have recently found out that there are churches out there that completely teach against Christmas which I was not aware of before. Why are the mainstream churches all bending to accept pagan beliefs? Ok I know I am asking a lot of questions here but I don't think any of this pleases God. I believe that the Catholic Church still has some control over mainstream churches. In that protestant churches still celebrate the pagan festivals of the Church of Rome. I truely believe there is only one way to stop this madness. If Christians stood together against Christmas because in my view Christmas is of Anti-Christ. Look at all the idols from Christmas trees to manger scenes. It sickens my stomach and makes me want to puke. Machoo do you think it is possible to bring enough people against Christmas to make a significant differance?

-Deeply Concerned


Dear Concerned,

Christmas trees make me want to puke, too, though it may be because of the pine smell! Come to think of, American Idol makes me want to puke, too, speaking of idols. Sanjaya kinda creeped me out. Though the 'fro-hawk' was quite an innovation, one I tried myself. Stylin!!

Anyhow, I truly admire what you said about doing the things we typically set aside once a year for and making it an everyday practice. I wish more people were like you and understood that. Since there isn't, I suppose many people find it useful to have a yearly reminder.

Believe it or not, many churches are trying to figure out how to keep Christ in this holiday. It's just that different churches and people have different ideas of what is pagan. You spoke of rallying together....some people already have. Check this out.

No comments: